TURKISH VISA FOR INDIAN CITIZENS AND INDIAN PASSPORT HOLDERS
Turkish Visa for Indian citizens is not a big deal but you need to know everything about it before applying for a Turkey visa for Indian passport holders.
Traveling plays an important part in making us feel stress-free and refreshed. It conveys positive changes in life and keeps one alive and active. Travelling gives practical experience of things. It teaches the person a lot of things. People like traveling as they want to explore the world and watch everything they have read about. Some people like to visit hilly areas, some like to visit historical places to enjoy and gather information. As an English proverb says;
“To travel is to live”
Besides traveling, some people move to other countries for foreign studies and jobs. But the world has changed dramatically during the last two years due to ongoing pandemic conditions. Each country made traveling policies in accordance with the pandemic. Several countries are added to the red list due to a spike in covid-19 cases. The citizens of those countries are not allowed to visit other places.
TURKEY VISA PROCESS FOR INDIAN PASSPORT HOLDERS:
Turkey, officially the Republic of Turkey, is a continent-wide country situated on the peninsula of Anatolia in Western Asia, with a smaller portion on East Thrace in Southeast Europe. It shares borders with Greece and Bulgaria, the Black Sea, Georgia, Armenia, Azerbaijan, and Iran, Iraq, Syria, and the Mediterranean Sea. Turkey’s capital is Ankara, while the largest city and economic center is Istanbul.
Tourism has increased in the 21st century, and this is a positive thing for the economic status of the country. Turkey is one of the world’s top ten destination countries and had the highest percentage of foreign visitors. In 2019, Turkey ranked sixth in the world in terms of the number of international tourist arrivals, with 51.2 million foreign tourists.
PLACES TO VISIT:
- The Blue Mosque, Istanbul
- Grand Bazar
- Hagia Sophia
- Topkapi palace museum
And many other colleges and universities.
TRAVEL RULES FOR TURKEY DURING ONGOING PANDEMIC SITUATIONS:
The Turkish government has imposed some travel restrictions. This comprises of special measures to protect safety and health in the country.
Due to COVID-19, Turkey introduced travel restrictions on visitors in the interest of public safety. Turkey’s Covid restrictions have been reviewed and updated throughout the pandemic.
The Turkish government does not ban any nationals from entry into Turkey. However, it does place restrictions on who may come into the country based on the departure point.
The flights to Turkey from Bangladesh, Brazil, Nepal, South Africa, and Sri Lanka are banned and these countries are added to the red list.
The special entry requirement for turkey:
- Complete a “Traveler Entry Form” before arrival
- All incoming passengers over the age of 6 must complete a “Traveler Entry Form” at least four days before their arrival in Turkey.
- Children under 6 are exempt.
- The tenacity of the form is to contact individuals who have been in contact with someone who later tested positive for COVID-19.
- Visitors should provide contact information and the accommodation address in Turkey.
- The “Form for Entry to Turkey” should be completed online
- All passengers need to give it before boarding a flight to Turkey and again on arrival.
- Passengers must have a negative COVID-19 test result to enter Turkey.
- PCR test is taken in the last 72 hours
- Rapid antigen test is taken in the last 48 hours
- Fully vaccinated and recovered patients are exempt if they can provide either:
- Vaccination certificate showing the last dose was given at least 14 days before arrival
- Medical certificate showing recovery in the last 6 months
Rules of entering from high-risk countries:
- These countries include; Pakistan, India, Afghanistan, Nepal, and South Africa. The travelers coming from these countries must submit a negative PCR test taken no more than 72 hours before arrival. Also, they have to quarantine for 14 days.
- Travelers arriving from countries considered high-risk, or who have been to high-risk countries in the last 14 days, are required to quarantine in Turkey:
Quarantine is carried out at accommodation facilities determined by the Turkish government.
As mentioned above, PCR tests are carried out on a random sample of passengers on arrival. In case of a positive test result, they will be contacted and instructed to quarantine for 14 days.
TURKISH VISA FOR INDIAN CITIZENS:
Indian citizens required visa to visit turkey. They are required to meet all the E-visa requirements for the approved permit. Turkey has introduced a facility of E-visa for people to apply online. This Turkish E-visa is 100% online, fast and well-organized.
Now citizens of India can also apply online through e-visa by fulfilling the requirements and following procedures. The online visa will be valid for 30 days for Indian citizens. There is no need to visit the Turkish embassy and attend interviews in person.
COMPLETE PROCEDURE TO GET TURKISH VISA FOR INDIAN CITIZENS:
Indian passport holders can get their visa for Turkey in just 3 steps:
- Complete the electronic visa form
- Pay the Turkey e-Visa dues for Indians.
- Send the application for approval.
The accepted visa will be sent by Turkish authorities within 24 hours via email.
The following information is required for both business visas and tourist visas.
- Name and surname
- Date and place of birth
- Passport number
- Passport issue and expiry date
- Email address
- Mobile phone
Indians must also respond to some security questions and must inform the date they intend to enter Turkey.
It is necessary to double-check all the information before acquiescing to the request.
Mistakes or missing information can cause processing.
Documents that an Indian citizen needs to apply for a Turkish visa online are;
- Indian passport valid for at least 5 months beyond the date of arrival
- Schengen, US, UK, or Irish visa or residence permit
- Debit or credit card to pay the eVisa fees
The approved visa is sent to the traveler by email on approval.
These requirements are for business and tourism visa.
TURKISH VISA FOR INDIANS:
Different types of Turkish visas are available for Indian citizens. Each one is explained below:
Turkish tourist/ business visa:
Only Turkey tourist visas can be applied electronically.It is a single-entry visa valid for stays of up to 30 days.
Indian passengers in transit do not need a visa if they will not leave the transit lounge at the airport.
Passengers who wished to leave the airport need to apply for a transit visa.
Student education visa:
Indians visiting Turkey as part of an exchange program, to take part in a course, or for other educational purposes can get a student/education visa.
Applications are given at the Turkish Embassy and supporting documents are required.
VISA REQUIREMENTS FOR INDIAN PASSPORT HOLDERS:
Diplomatic passport holders are relieved from visas for their travels to Turkey up to 90 days.
Special and Service passport holders are required to have visas to enter Turkey.
Special and Service passport holders with a valid Schengen members or USA, UK, Ireland visa or residence permit may get their single entry e-Visas valid for one month via this website